Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum

Old 06-12-2009
neophyte

ktamburo is on a distinguished road
Question Webcam malfunctions and TV tuner missing

I'm not sure if the two are related but the errors in both my in-built HP webcam and a missing TV tuner seemed to happen at the same time.

My webcam will function properly on WindowsLive and Facebook but will display an error message in the HP MediaSmart Webcam interface. It says that the software cannot locate the device and that I should close all other programs that may be using the device.
I checked the drivers and everything was OK. I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and still MediaSmart cannot locate the device.

Also, my TV tuner drivers seem to have gone missing as well. In the media center it states that no tuner hardware was found.

I'm running Vista Home Premium on an HP Pav DV5000 that is no more than 7 months old. The errors started occuring maybe a month ago.
Old 06-13-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

I don`t know about the TV tuner, but as far as the webcam goes make sure that Windows live is turned off in the system tray before openning media smart. I do not think that is the issue though as both problems seem related to Mediasmart (oxymoron?). There are a few different PAV DV5000 models please be more specific in your reeply so I can find the right drivers and software, or find any current incompatabilities that may currently exist for you hardware.