Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum

Old 06-27-2009
neophyte

csayed is on a distinguished road
Default Vista volume drops to 0

I have Windows Vista Home Premium and I am having a problem where the volume is automatically dropping to 0. I can increase it using the volume icon and sliding the slider to the top, but then I watch it slowly drop to 0 over the course of 5-10 seconds. I have disconnected the keyboard to make sure it is not a faulty key, and in the interim installed SP2. I have also updated the drivers and installed all other available updates. No matter what audio output I switch to the volume will drop to 0. Any ideas about how to fix this or if it is something to do with Vista vs a virus? Thanks.

Old 06-27-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

Frankly, what with this problem, and your other posted (see my reply there) issue it sounds to me like malware, or some worm. Install malware bytes and run a scan. Lets see what turns up. Post the results log txt here for us to look at.