Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 10-25-2008
neophyte

ilkm11 is on a distinguished road
Default explorer has stopped working

Hi,
I purchased a new PC today, when i use internet explorer, every time I close the page a message comes up saying internet explorer has stopped working and will close. Some times it re starts, sometimes it says there is no solution. If i have a couple of tabs open then they will both close, even if I only close one of them and the same message appears. If I am just using one page it works fine but that message still comes up when I close the window.
Thanks for any help.
Ilkm.

Old 10-29-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Make sure your system is up to date.

Also, try using Firefox rather than Internet Explorer. IE is okay, but I think Firefox is more user-friendly.
Old 10-29-2008
Member - Class 1

BurrWalnut is on a distinguished road

Here are a few IE things to try:

1. Go to Control Panel > Classic View > Internet Options > Advanced and scroll down to ‘Enable memory protection to help mitigate online attacks’. If it is ticked, remove the tick from it.

2. Look at Internet Options > Security Tab and uncheck the box that says ‘Enable Protected Mode‘.

3. Reset Internet Explorer 7 settings, i.e. Internet Options > Advanced Tab and click 'Reset' at the bottom.

Last edited by BurrWalnut; 10-29-2008 at 04:12 AM.