PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Vista Crash - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 01-16-2008
Level 1 Member

thomcat2222 is on a distinguished road
Default Vista Crash

I have a new laptop (dell). Just wondering has anyone else had the problem of vista crashing for no reason. Every once in a while I get the dreaded blue screen and it shuts down and has to restart. I have everything updated with microsoft and I'm running Mcafee secruity center with firewall and virus scan.

Do all Vista computers have this problem? Are there still some bugs that need to be worked out?

I have three XP computers running the same stuff and I don't have this problem.
Old 01-16-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

There's always a reason, but we just don't have a clue what it is most of the time.

Are you getting an error on your blue screen? Any applications running at the time?
Old 01-17-2008
Level 1 Member

yes there is an error on the screen but I haven't gotten a chance to write it down. It says something about windows has to shut down to prevent damaging my computer. Lots of numbers and things on the screen.

What type of applications do you mean? I think I had internet explorer open and yahoo messenger running. And my Mcafee Security Center which is always running.

When it crashes and restarts the computer says that its contacting microsoft to find a solution. Does this do anything? Or does it send mircosoft the error so they can find a solution or put into a later update?
Old 01-17-2008
Agent - Level 3

As much as I dislike yahoo messenger, I don't think it's the cause of blue screen.
I'm no computer pro, but from my searches and experience of crashes (and i assure you, i've had lots), i've never found an exact answer to why, or how to fix the cause.

I was having a problem with the blue screen with my newest machine which I built myself. The fix? I moved the soundcard from one slot to another. Odd I though, but I haven't seen the dreaded blue screen since.

I can only offer a few suggestions.

Write down that error message if you can, and do a search on it.
Scan for viruses.
Update device drivers.
Keep windows updated.
Clean the registry.
Remove bad software. eg, Yahoo!
Ensure your computer isn't being fried. If it's getting too hot, it will crash.
Old 01-17-2008
Level 1 Member

Thanks for the advice.

I'm wondering what does a registry cleaner do?
Old 01-17-2008
Agent - Level 3

This page will tell you and had some of the more commonly used cleaners.

www.registrycleanercompared.com
Old 01-18-2008
Agent - Level 1

davehc is on a distinguished road

Mcaffe security centre is giving some issues with Vista, although Mcafee have not commented yet. Try first of all, turning off the Vista Firewall. If that shows no improvement, disable or remove the Mcafee security centre.
If you have difficulty with that, this progam may help you:
hthttp://www.majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html
Old 01-22-2008
Member - Class 2

HappyAndyK is on a distinguished road

^ I agree. McAfee could also be the reason.

Disable UAC. Control Panel > System And Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab > Under Startup And Recovery > Click Settings > Clear the Automatically Restart check box > click OK. Enable UAC.

This way, you will be able to note down the error / code of the BSOD. Once you have that, follow this Guide for help.