PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Vista Freezing - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 01-21-2008
neophyte

silencer543 is on a distinguished road
Default Vista Freezing

I recently purchased a new Gateway Laptop (Christmas), and have been randomly having an issue. I start up my computer, it loads fine, works for about 10 minutes, and then freezes up. I installed Quicktime the night before, and have a sneaking suspicion that that is the problem, and deleted it from my computer in Safe Mode, which works fine. No help. Now, I try to use the System Restore tool, and reset my computer to before I installed Quicktime, but it gives me an error, and tells me I need to schedule disk checking. So, I schedule it, restart my computer, and it gets to about 30% give or take percent on Disk Checking, and then goes to black screen, and continues with start-up. Upon trying to run system restore again, it tells me I need to disk check. I am in desperate need of help, having run through two laptops in the past months, and can't afford purchasing a new one.
Old 01-22-2008
Member - Class 2

HappyAndyK is on a distinguished road

Multiple Mess !

By deleted, I presume uninstalled!

Anyway, first remove all crapware which may have come with your new Laptop. Download and use PC-DeCrapifier freeware. Unistall trial-ware and other unwanted programs too.

Then reduce your start-ups. Run freeware CCleaner. Reboot.

Now run ChkDsk. If you are unable to run it, see this.

Also check Vista Freezes.
Old 01-23-2008
neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyAndyK View Post
Multiple Mess !

By deleted, I presume uninstalled!

Anyway, first remove all crapware which may have come with your new Laptop. Download and use PC-DeCrapifier freeware. Unistall trial-ware and other unwanted programs too.

Then reduce your start-ups. Run freeware CCleaner. Reboot.

Now run ChkDsk. If you are unable to run it, see this.

Also check Vista Freezes.
Um, not quite uninstalled. I physically went into Windows Explorer an deleted the file. Is that bad?
Anyway, I'm a little cautious about downloading freeware, could you verify that it is not a virus?
Also, how do I reduce start-ups?
And what will CCleaner do?
Thanks a ton,
Rob
(btw, running a buisness with a broken computer sucks )
Old 01-23-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer543 View Post
Um, not quite uninstalled. I physically went into Windows Explorer an deleted the file. Is that bad?
Anyway, I'm a little cautious about downloading freeware, could you verify that it is not a virus?
Also, how do I reduce start-ups?
And what will CCleaner do?
Thanks a ton,
Rob
(btw, running a buisness with a broken computer sucks )
Well, it's not good. When you install a program it makes all sorts of registry changes and changes to other programs installed. What exactly did you delete, the file that you installed quicktime into?
You're right to be cautious, but there are some good programs out there. CCleaner is one of them, I can assure you it's not a virus.

www.ccleaner.com
Quote:
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware!
Just out of interest...how on earth have you gone through a number of laptops in a few months? Are you smashing them with a brick? If it's merely software issues then surely they are not beyond help???

Last edited by Trooper; 01-23-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-23-2008
neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooper View Post
Well, it's not good. When you install a program it makes all sorts of registry changes and changes to other programs installed. What exactly did you delete, the file that you installed quicktime into?
You're right to be cautious, but there are some good programs out there. CCleaner is one of them, I can assure you it's not a virus.

www.ccleaner.com

Just out of interest...how on earth have you gone through a number of laptops in a few months? Are you smashing them with a brick? If it's merely software issues then surely they are not beyond help???
Actually, one got stepped on, maliciously it seems. The other one, well I was plugging in my headphones, and the jack got loose. The entire front cover snapped and caved inwards, and apparently somehting metal fried the motherboard.

Ok, I used both programs, and disk checking still stops at about thirty percent.

Also, I went into my program files and right-clicked on the Quicktime folder, and hit delete.