PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

UAC question - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista UAC

Old 12-11-2007
neophyte

aintel is on a distinguished road
Default UAC question

Is there a way to disable the User Account Control warning screen for only one program? I know how to disable it completely but that's not what I want. There is one program I trust that I want to run as an administrator every time (can do this in properties) but I don't want the warning screen every single time.

Thanks
Old 12-11-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Post A well sought after feature...

You are not the only one that is looking for this type of behavior. I found this link though that has paragraph at the end that may be the answer to your problem:
Quote:
...there is a Local Security Policy option to change the behavior of the elevation prompt for Administrators to "elevate without prompting". With this option selected, anything that requests elevation gets elevated without prompting the user. (The default setting is "prompt for consent"; the third option is "prompt for credentials". Note that "elevate without prompting" is available only for members of the Administrators group. The options for standard users are "prompt for credentials" and "automatically deny elevation requests".) While "elevate without prompting" may be useful in well-constrained, secure environments for automated testing and possibly for initial system setup, having this option selected otherwise is very risky and strongly discouraged. (Note also that Vista's Home SKUs do not include the policy editor.)
hope that helps.
Old 01-26-2008
Member - Class 2

HappyAndyK is on a distinguished road

Try How to Disable UAC for certain applications only.

Old 01-27-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

I've become so annoyed with this feature that I've disabled it completely.