PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

SP1 Problems - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 04-01-2008
neophyte

Stevee is on a distinguished road
Default SP1 Problems

Hi can anyone help?

Yesterday evening I downloaded Vista Service Pack 1 and afterwards found that my sound system was badly scrambled. On windows media centre, the tv sounds are very badly corrupted & songs on I tunes play only on a couple of speakers (I have a surround sound system). I uninstalled SP1, but the problem remained. I then tried system restore to take the computer back to just before the install, the initialise restore screen came up ok, then went to restoring registry settings, but then just froze. I left it for a couple of hours but still no progress. I had to switch power off to re-use the computer. I tried this again, but still the same thing happened. So this way out was no good to me. (The restore set points are very minimal, only option for 1 day back; unlike XP which gave a months worth...is this normal on Vista?).
I've checked sound drivers have latest updates, and that there are no conflicts and all show ok. The present sound driver is a Realtek 6.01.5413 Have now run out of ideas. ( Windows automatically re-installed SP1 back into my system this morning, and fault is still present)

Would appreciate any help on this....Stevee

Last edited by Stevee; 04-01-2008 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2008
neophyte

rpmstl is on a distinguished road

Check out your systems manufacturers site to see if there is an update. Toshiba has a couple of soundcard and display driver updates that are required prior to installing SP1.
Old 04-03-2008
neophyte

Smile Thanks for the suggestion

Have e-mailed Realtek, but am still waiting a reply. In the meantime I've contacted Microsofts support site, they have a free help team especially for SP1 problems (Least they can do!) This is open for SP1 problems until March 09. However they have yet to send me any helpful fix it suggestions. Still, I can but hope!
Old 04-03-2008
neophyte

Default Thanks For Suggestion 2

Sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were referring to the sound system manufacturer, not the PC supplier.... I hadn't thought of doing that, but it seems a great idea..thanks! I'll e-mail Medion to see if they can suggest some suitable drivers
Old 05-25-2008
Member - Class 2

HappyAndyK is on a distinguished road

If after installing Vista SP1 you find that you have no audio, here is what you may have to do:

Open Control Panel > Sound > Under Playback and Recording tabs, Select and Set Defaults.

Additionally or alternatively, you may also have to try this: Click Start > Type Device Manager in Vista's Start Menu Search Bar > Hit Enter. Device Manager will open. Expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers. Locate your audio device. Double click on it to open its Properties box. See whether the driver is installed and the device working properly. In the Driver tab, click on Update Driver. Click OK. Else you may have to uninstall the Driver (but DONT delete it) and then in the Device Manager > Action > Scan for hardware changes. This will reinstall the driver.

For more tips if you continue to experience problems with sound after you install Windows Vista SP1 visit KB948481.

For more Post SP1 install issue see here.