Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » General Vista Discussion

Old 01-09-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road
Default Best Vista features.

For those running windows Vista, what are your favorite features? And not to exclude any members who have only read about the new vista features. What are you most anticipating the most?
Old 01-09-2007
Level 2 Member

sbauer is on a distinguished road
Default Shadow copy looks interesting.

I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but the shadow copy feature could prove to be a real life saver. It has been known to happen in the office at work for someone to save over a design scheme and two days later a client decides that they would like to go back to the old scheme. It would be nice to be able to recover that old drawing rather than spend a couple hours trying to undo all of the work you did in the last couple days.

Playing video on your desktop could be nice. Not sure till I try it though. (I always have something (Entourage) playing in the corner of my screen.)
Old 02-01-2007
neophyte

Lochinblu is on a distinguished road

I just can't believe the graphics. I've got a 19 inch wide screen. the windows wallpapers are amazing.
Old 02-06-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Flip 3d

Im a big fan of the flip 3D (for those of you with any version above Home Basic). This is accessed by holding the windows key and then tab. Very spiffy.
Old 03-05-2007
neophyte

Ishkrish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ishkrish

Well Aero is definately amazing. Dreamscene which is the moving backgrounds when mixed with aero is amazing. These are mostly cosmetic changes though. Some other things i like, are the thumbnail previews of taskbar items in real time when you hover your mouse over them. A Compact start menu. Somewhat annoying but vital security boosts. Full integration of dual core processors and of 64 bit processors. Support for more ram . Haven't experienced any compatibility issues as of yet. Some manufacturer's drivers suck though I highly recommend looking on the forums about your supported vista drivers before jumping forth into vista goodness.

Also nice small changes to the way windows maximize and minimize fade out and swoop around etc. I'd check it out if you got the hardware that can kick it. Definately recommend 2GBs of ram if you want it to run smooth with room to breathe!