Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum

Old 03-16-2009
neophyte

sixties_strat is on a distinguished road
Default Media player wont open again after colsing

I have had this nagging little glitch since day one with my PC. Running Vista Home Premium.
The first time after a boot up Windows media player 11 I believ it is runs just fine. Once I close it it will not reopen again. I either have to reboot, or use task manager to kill the process and then it will work one more time. Soon as I close it again, same thing.
Anybody out here have an idea what's going on and how to correct it?
Thanks

Old 03-16-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Download it from MS and reinstall over the to, is sounds like a minor corruption somewhere, which a reinstall will sort out.
Old 03-18-2009
neophyte

Thanks,
I tried that some time ago, the WMP for vista is not available for download. You can get it for xp, but not for vista. That was my first thought too, just reinstall the app. Of course I could be blind and just not be able to find the WMP 11 to download, but I swear, I looked for two days and nothing.......If you have a link to download it for VISTA that would be awesome.
Thanks
Old 03-20-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Go here, click on the main picture and setup will detect which version of Win you are running and direct you to the correct version for you. Failing that there are links down the page for WMP 11 for Vista.
Old 03-20-2009
neophyte

Thanks for your time,
Only link I can find is for media player 11 for xp following your link, been there done that several times now. Either it just does not exsist or I am just getting old and blind.
Hell, I even tried downloading the player for xp, it will not install in vista..........ARGH!!!!!