Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 11-17-2008
neophyte

Im not Alex is on a distinguished road
Arrow I have trouble with IE closing

ok, first post. I have had this problem since I got my laptop which was in june. the problem is that when i have a browser open and i click on something in the homepage, if i try to close out the new pop up it closes not only the pop up but also the original browser.
ex:
i go to JFlmetal.com. Click the listen live icon and the "radio" pops up. If im tired of listening to the "radio" I can't exit it because then it will close the original browser.

I don't know much about my laptop only that i have vista and it has a gig of memory. Please if anyone could help. I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 11-17-2008
neophyte

Oh yeah about the message i recieve, most of the time i get the IE has had a problem.and it goes on to say that IE is fixing the problem by restarting the browser. but now that im trying to upload a story it just closes it out and i dont get any message.
Old 11-17-2008
neophyte

I figured it out. all I did was go to my internet setting in the control panel. click on tab settings. and clicked on open pop up in new tab. not exact words but it works. hope it helps anyone else with this problem~