PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Failed to set data for 'CSS' - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 09-18-2008
neophyte

dudewad1 is on a distinguished road
Default Failed to set data for 'CSS'

I got a new Vista Ultimate computer and everything was working fine. I began to install my programs and after a few days of this, when I shut down I received an error that said "Failed to set data for 'CSS'." I clicked OK and Vista shut down as expected. When I turn the computer on, the same error pops up. Click OK and everything runs normally. This happens at every shut down and power up. Any idea what this error is? How do I clear it? None of the software I installed is called CSS or anything similar as far as I can tell.

Last edited by dudewad1; 09-18-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Please post your system specs.

Have you installed a DVD decrypter?
Old 09-19-2008
neophyte

Dell Inspiron 530 desktop
Intel core 2 duo 2.83Ghz
2gb ram

Do you need any other specs?

I'm not sure what a DVD decrypter is, so I probably have not installed one. The only DVD software on the machine is Roxio Creator Premium, which came pre-installed, and Nero 8, which I installed but have since removed. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2008
Agent - Level 3

What have you installed if you don't mind me asking? I'm trying to figure out what CSS would be.
Old 09-19-2008
neophyte

MS Office 2007 (word, excel, powerpoint, groove)
Adobe Photoshop CS3
Adobe Lightroom 2.0
Adobe Acrobat Pro 9.0
Chessmaster XI
Mind Manager 7.1
Power Archiver 10
Exact Audio Copy
VLC Media Player
Google Earth
Google Talk
iTunes
Firefox
Old 09-22-2008
neophyte

Do any of those programs seem to be the culprit?
Old 09-22-2008
Agent - Level 3

Most of them look ok, but are any of them a few years old or pre-vista?
You might want to set any older applications to run in compatability mode for windows XP and run them as administrator.
Old 09-22-2008
neophyte

Your comments got me thinking and I realized that every one of them should be compatible. So I installed HijackThis and scanned the system; it found css.exe to be a trojan so I had it removed. No more error. I suppose I picked it up before I had installed the anti-virus software. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-23-2008
Agent - Level 3

We appreciate you posting the fix.