Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 11-13-2007
neophyte

Alphasig332 is on a distinguished road
Default Assuming Registry Key Problem

I used to have Firefox, I now have IE7.

I recently downloaded GoogleTalk, and the email link on the program does nothing, no messaage, just nothing. The help button does the same thing, as well as account settings.

Anything that would open a browser doesn't. I assume this is because the registry key is set to Firefox.exe even tho it no longer exists on my machine. To trouble shoot I downloaded Firefox again, and like magic the Email button on Google Talk works and opened my inbox in Firefox.

I uninstall Firefox and we are back to nothing happening. I am assuming that the reg key is still pointing to Firefox as the defualt browser and this is what Google Talk uses to open your inbox. Going to the internet options menu in IE7 and then the programs tab allows you to set it as the defualt browser but this does nothing.

I just want to be able to open my inbox from google talk using IE7. Any help with what reg key will allow me to manually set it to IE7 and what it should be set to would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-13-2007
neophyte

Alphasig332 is on a distinguished road

nevermind, fixed it my self

Free Registry Cleaner is holy.
Old 11-14-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Leftover registry keys can be a major hassle. Glad to hear to solved it. Thanks for posting the solution.

+ green rep