Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista UAC

Old 09-02-2007
neophyte

Ryke77 is on a distinguished road
Default Don't have permission to move folder

I got a new computer with vista, and it is my first time with it. (I've used windows xp and fedora in the past)

I transfered a folder from my old XP machine to the vista desktop using a usb drive device. I am trying to move the folder into the "documents" folder and I'm getting "Destination folder access denied. You need permission to perform this action" with the choices "try again" and "cancel" try again does nothing.

I am using an administrator account and "user account control" is set to off. I went into security on both folders and made my account the owner of the folders. I have "full control permissions" I found the documents folder was set to "read-only" by default and i changed that as well. I've applied the changes restarted the computer and open and closed the folder windows.

The only other note-worthy thing is the folder I'm trying to move is big. (1.13 GB)

Any Ideas?