PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

audio issues...??? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum » Vista Audio

Old 04-04-2007
neophyte

opera_singer is on a distinguished road
Question audio issues...???

I am completely new to these forums, and I am also completely new to Vista (as, I'm sure, most people are.) I just got a Dell Inspiron E1405 Notebook computer, and Vista was the operating system, which was a surprise to me. So, I'm still trying to figure out how in the world to use it. My biggest problem, tho, has to do with audio.

I have software that allows me to record any audio from my computer (i.e. whatever is coming through the speakers can be saved as an MP3 and then used for other stuff). On all of my XP systems, this software worked perfectly fine because I had a long list of "sources" that I could choose to record from. These were:

- phone line
- microphone
- line in
- CD player
- TV Tuner Audio
- Aux
- Stereo Mix
- Mono Mix

The one that I generally use is Stereo mix, but in Vista, the only thing that shows up on that "list" is "Master Volume" which does absolutely no recording. So, if my question makes any sense, I'm trying to figure out how to get that same list on my laptop w/ Vista as I have on my desktop with XP. Can you please help me?!?!?! I appreciate it soooo much!
Old 04-05-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Question More Info?

You'll need to be more specific to what audio recording software you are trying to use...there are alot of programs that have yet to create a vista compatible version...but I really cant be of much help unless I know some more specifics.
Old 04-05-2007
neophyte

Well, I was trying to use mp3mymp3, so anything that is like that and free that works with Vista would be great. Any suggestions? I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium, if that helps. Thanks!!!
Old 04-06-2007
neophyte

pugrun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to pugrun Send a message via Skype™ to pugrun
Lightbulb

Hey opera_singer...one of the biggest problems I have found so far in regard to drivers on Vista is for Sound Cards.
I did a bit of googling & found that your model has 2 options in the sound department.
Standard:
Integrated stereo sound.
Optional:
Integrated Sound Blaster Audigy ADVANCED HD Audio.

So do you have a generic onboard sound or the sound blaster audigy..?
As Creative have been quite slow on the vista driver updates for a lot of their products, especially if its an older style sound card. In one of my older compuers I had the Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 card, but according to the Creative site there possibly might be no driver updates for the entire SB Live series. So 3rd party drivers might have to suffice (as it did for me). Anyway let me know what sound setup you have & I'll see if I can help out.
Old 04-06-2007
neophyte

Oh, thank you so much for offering to help me out. I must admit, tho, being the very non-technical person that I am, a lot of what you said kinda went over my head. Ok, so, question #1, how do I even know what kind of sound thingie (i know, very technical term! ) i have? Is there a way to like look it up or somethin? Thanks again!!!