Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 01-13-2009
neophyte

Jesse Dowf is on a distinguished road
Default Hard drive full

It's impossible but it says my 10GB D drive is full. But there is nothing there and I cann't restore it to original. Anybody help?

Old 01-13-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

10Gb ? hardly suprising it's full, as it's not the OS drive then you must have control over what's on it.
If it's the restore partition you talk about, it's difficult to tell really, then those files are hidden, so it might look empty whilst declaring itself full.

If you wish to do a complete factory restore, again not clear if that is the case, then documentation that came with the machine will instruct you on how to start a restore, also during the POST period of the boot process, there will be a message flashed at the bottom of the screen, informing you which key or keys to press in order to start the recovery process.

Had you read the manuals that came with the machine, or looked on the machine makers help files, you would have found there are pretty hefty recommendations on how to (and they make it clear that you really should) make a DVD containing all the files required to start the recovery simply by booting to that disk.
Old 01-13-2009
neophyte

Default Hard Drive

There are 2 hard drives C with 10Gb and D with 64Gb. When I try to restore it says no restore points were set. When I do anything I get a message that the memory is full.
Old 01-14-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Which drive is the system drive and what is on the other drive, it would help if you can post an image of the block diagram of your drive's status from the virtual drive manager in the management console.

So you want to use a restore point and not a factory restore ?

Still not clear on what you are wanting to accomplish or what make and model your using, which would help. The more detail you can post the easier it becomes to understand and help with the problem, with very little to go on, 'internet diagnosis' is a very imprecise art !
Old 01-14-2009
neophyte

Default Hard drive full

I am on another computer to send this. I want a factory restore. Vista home basic on a Dell Dimension E521 is the problem. C is the system drive D is empty. I tried safe mode but there was no restore promt.