Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 04-06-2007
neophyte

malabui is on a distinguished road
Question How do I tell which ISP I am useing to connect to the internet with?

After having problems with getting onto the internet with Vista, I installed a different modem and it altomatically connected me to the internet. All it currently says on the internet connection is that I'm using 'Broadband 2' which isn't a ISP name.
Any suggestions?
Old 04-07-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

I am not sure if I am understanding your question but the ISP would be whoever you (or your host) signed up with - usually the same org who supply your telephone line.
Old 04-07-2007
neophyte

malabui is on a distinguished road

This is the problem. I have signed up for a ISP, but not on the computer that I am useing on the internet which connected instantly to the internet when a modem was connected, I'm not sure if any details for the ISP were put on this computer.
Old 04-07-2007
Agent - Level 3

I am certain that you, or another user, must have put in the essential details for you Email (password and email address) The actual connection, for the Internet, would be automatic and would not require any special configuration.
Old 04-07-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Question broadband? More info

Go to your Control Panel and then click on Network and Internet then on Network and Sharing Center. Then post here what you see for your "Connection" property. If you are truely connected to a broadband cnxn I would say that you must have a DSL or Cable modem that you have plugged into your 10/100/1000 ethernet card on your computer and that the "modem" you are speaking of came from your ISP with the settings for your account preinstalled (or it doesnt need them, which some dont cause they can just tell its you by your location).
Old 04-08-2007
Agent - Level 3

It matters not what piece of hardware you are using for your connection, it is still automatic. However, Looking back I can see that your first and only question has not been answered. Go to this page and you will have allthe info about you ISP displayed on entry.
http://www.ip-adress.com/
Old 05-10-2007
Level 1 Member

I2aMpAnT is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to I2aMpAnT Send a message via MSN to I2aMpAnT Send a message via Yahoo to I2aMpAnT Send a message via Skype™ to I2aMpAnT

I read the beginning of this thread and I think the "Broadband 2" is just a name Vista automatically created for your connection ( second broadband connection...? )

-I2aMpAnT