Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 03-27-2007
neophyte

Icewoman is on a distinguished road
Question Problem with Vista Home Edition-Toshiba lap-top-Wi-fi con and Network with Xp Pro

Hi!
I hope someone can help we or give me suggestions about this.
Im going crazy.

We have bought 2 Toshiba Lap-tops to the office where we run XP PRo in a small network. and we have a Wi-Fi router with a fixed IP address.

1. When I turn on the Vista Lap-tops they dont even see our wi-fi network. I have checked that it isn't hidden. And it's not.
I just can't connect to the internet!
I have even uninstalled Norton. Using the Toshiba "radar" it sees all the other wi-fi networks in the building except ours.

2. I want to connect the lap-tops to our internal network (workgroup) but i have read that there coudl be problems doing this with Vista and XP Pro. So I unsinstalled Norton. But I need more suggestions please. Its urgent!

Please , if you have any suggestions please let me know.
IceWoman from sunny Madrid
Old 03-28-2007
Member - Class 1

Cleitus is on a distinguished road
Default Toshiba Laptops

Toshiba laptops have a wireless button somewhere on the machine. I would use windows to manage the wireless connections, not Configfree or IntelProsetWireless. Add the IP Address that you have given each computer in the TCP/IP properties of the wireless adapter in the Network Connections window. In the Wireless Network Connections Properties window click the Wireless Networks tab and add the SSID, set encryption type, and enter the key. As for the file and printer sharing check to make sure you are on the same workgroup and that the firewall is set to allow exceptions.