Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 11-18-2009
neophyte

Rammy912 is on a distinguished road
Default Vista Aero theme has disappeared! Please help :(

Hello,
I have an HP Pavillion DV6 with Windows Vista Home Premium which was pre-installed. I got it pretty recently, about 2 months ago. There were some technical issues with the wireless adapter, so I called HP tech support and the IT guy connected to my laptop over the internet and was controlling it. He fixed the issue, but once he exited the mode where he had control of my laptop, the screen flickered and the theme switched from the Aero theme over to Vista Home Basic theme. I tried to switch the theme back to Aero from the Colour and Appearance window, but the theme has disappeared from the menu. I cannot select it because it's not there anymore.

Here's a screenshot: http://j.mp/4znwud

P.S.> I've tried updating my graphics driver but it's up to date already and I can't roll it back because it's the original driver that was installed when I got my laptop. I've also tried the registry value-changing trick but still no luck.

It's as if the Aero theme was never there in the first place

Please help! I want my Aero theme back