Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 11-05-2009
neophyte

triskaidekaphobia is on a distinguished road
Default Vista doesn't recognise discs in SATA DVD drive when the other drive is in use

Hi, I have a really strange problem.
I am running Vista Home Premium 32-bit. All my drives are SATA; 2 HDDs and 2 DVD-RWs:-
Pioneer DVR-212D
Pioneer DVR-111D

Both drives work fine individually, but when one is in use, Vista does not recognise any discs in the other drive. For example, if I am burning a disc with drive F, and I try to access a disc in drive G, Windows tells me to "Insert a disc into drive G". But once the disc is burnt, I can access both drives again.

Does this have anything to do with the fact that both the drives are SATA?

I already wrote this once but when I clicked submit it asked me to login again for some reason, and when I logged in, it just returned to the forum page without creating the post - how annoying!

Many thanks
Tom