Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 10-15-2010
neophyte

RichH is on a distinguished road
Default Newly installed Hard Drive doesn't show on boot up - only shows after restart

Hi everyone,

I am currently running Windows Vista Home Premium SP.2 on my Acer Aspire T180-GB7Z desktop PC.

The hard drive that came with the computer is split into drive C: where Windows is installed, and drive D:.

I decided to install a new 200gb hard drive which is drive G:.

When I boot up the computer from off, drive G: is nowhere to be seen and no shortcuts to programs installed on it work.

If I restart the computer however, G: shows up and works fine until the next time I shut down and re-boot.

It means that I can use the new hard drive but effectively I have to boot up twice which is inconvenient.

To summarise:

Boot from OFF = No G: drive
Restart from ON = G: drive works fine

Any help on how to get the hard drive to show up on initial boot-up would be great!

All the best,

Rich