PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Service Pack Failed to Install - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 02-27-2011
neophyte

Shirato is on a distinguished road
Default Service Pack Failed to Install

I am posting this on behalf of my father who has recently been having trouble with his desktop. For a couple of months now, his machine would boot up, but then get stuck and go to a black screen. When booting in Safe-Mode, he would get stuck at chkdsk.sys

A couple of weeks ago, it randomly started working again and we have no clue why this happened. Yesterday, he decided to run some diagnostics and downloaded and installed a service pack from Microsoft. Now, his computer is stuck in a loop where on boot-up, it gets a message saying "Service Pack Failed to Install. Reverting Changes. Do Not Turn off Your Computer." It would then reboot and give the message again. The only way we can figure out how to break the loop is to pull the plug. Upon restarting, we encounter the loop again, even when trying to boot in Safe Mode.

My dad no longer remembers the specifications of his desktop, and the most I am able to gather while it tries to load is that it has an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 5000+.

We are trying to figure out if this is a hardware or software problem, and want to uninstall his Microsoft Word so we can install it again when he gets a new hard drive.