Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 10-24-2007
neophyte

PaulCKK is on a distinguished road
Default Network does not work!

I connect to the broadband using a Netgear wireless router. My notebook recognizes the wireless network but says it is connnected with Limited Access. Was working fine when I first got it connected to my wireless router but not after I reboot.

Funny how come my XP machine has got no such problem using the wireless network connection? Even when I place my notebook next to the router, it still gives me Limited Access connection.

What am I doing wrong? Is there any other settings that I will need to do? Can anyone please try to help out here? Thanks.

Old 10-27-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default Network settings

What are your network settings for you wireless card in vista? are you set up for DHCP?
Old 10-30-2007
neophyte

PaulCKK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcash11 View Post
What are your network settings for you wireless card in vista? are you set up for DHCP?
Errr ... I am rather iliterate in this network settings. Wirlss card in vista? Not too sure what you meant by that cos I am using a Dell Inspiron 1420 which came with wireless and bluetooth. Care to kindly try to explain what is DHCP, how to set it up and where do I find it?

Thanks.