Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum

Old 01-10-2008
neophyte

SandmanCL is on a distinguished road
Default 'My Photos' annoyances

I just got my first Vista PC set up a couple of days ago and have been playing around with configuring it the way I want. Since I have a fileserver, one of te first things I do with new PCs is change the default place for storing files. As with XP SP2, this is easy to do in vista. Right-click the photos folder, click properties, and then change to the new path from the Location tab.

However, when I do this, the fancy Photos Folder icon is replaced with a boring yellow folder. Is there a way to preserve the original folder icon ?

The other little thing that seems like something not fully thought through by Microsoft: I like the general folder layout and the way it shows a couple of select pictures. But why include Thumbs.db ? For ever photos folder I have, there are two select files: One representing a photo, and one representing Thumbs.db

I know how to disable caching thumbnail altogether, but that's not what I'm after. Is there by any chance a registry setting to chose which file extensions you want to include in these icons ?