Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum » Vista Video

Old 09-10-2008
neophyte

anchises868 is on a distinguished road
Default DVD Copy Problems [Reposted]

I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 with every update except the language packs, but I'm having a problem copying the contents of a DVD I made on a commercial DVD recorder.

Specifically, D:\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB will not copy to any destination. The error I get is Error 0x80070750: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable. However, the disc plays! I've watched it at least five times today (it's only 1m45s long), so I know the file is good.

I checked the Knowledge Base and tried the hotfix, but the hotfix won't install because the update does not apply to my system. I tried to run Startup Repair, but there is no error to detect. Is the file actually corrupted? If so, how does it play on this desktop computer, my laptop, and the DVD player?

UPDATE: I tried to copy it on my laptop, which runs Windows Vista Home Premium SP1, again with every update. The same problem occurs. I'm really at my wits end trying to figure this out.
Old 09-15-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

I'm not very good in this field. You could try updating the firmware for your DVD drive. Also, make sure you're dvd disks are of good quality and not damaged.
Old 06-13-2009
neophyte

the lindsonater is on a distinguished road
Default viewing vs. editing videos- I have a problem

My vista computer allows me to watch the video that I downloaded, but when I need to import it or try to edit it -to make my movie- the folder that I saved it to shows that it doesn't contain the file anywhere.

I am able to open a search box (simultaneously) and find the file, but I am not able to retreive the file to do anything but watch it... can anyone help me?

Thanks for the help...this is so frustrating.

Sincerely,

Linds
Old 06-17-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Copy protection or DRM will let you play a DVD but not copy it, the messages you are getting are those that usually occur when you try to make copies of a disk that is protected.
The main clue to this is that you made it on a commercial recorder, that would add DRM by default unless you changed the parameters before burning the disk.