Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Malware Forum

Old 10-31-2007
neophyte

cbrown3 is on a distinguished road
Default Windows Visual C++ Runtime Library Error!!!

I am continually getting an error message titled "Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library"

It happens at two different times. 1. Every time I start windows and 2. when I right click on the background to get into personalization and such.

When I start windows it says:
"Runtime Error
Program: C:\Windows\System32\rundell32.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information. “

When I right click on the background it says:
"Runtime Error
Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information. “

After I close these windows everything seems to run fine, but it happens every time and has not stopped. I have not downloaded anything since I got my new HP Pavilion laptop with Vista about 2 months ago. This error has only been there for about 2 weeks. Again, it does not seem to be causing to many problems, (except that the other day I attempted to download a game demo offline and it gave me the same error) but most of all it is just an annoyance. I am frustrated enough with Vista as it is (I am not happy at all, and am tempted to go back to XP) that this is just the icing on the cake.

Is this a bigger problem? Should I reformat? Please someone help me out.
Old 11-01-2007
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Try doing a virus scan and getting rid of any threats found. Same for any other spyware or malware threats found.

If that doesn't work, them you probably have software that is conflicting with a windows program.

I'm no pro, but it's a start.

You may need to clean your registry too.