Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 10-08-2007
neophyte

ColinMac is on a distinguished road
Default Strange DVD-ROM Drive Error

I just installed Vista Business on my PC and I am dual booting Windows XP Pro and Fedora Core 7 (not seen by bootloader). My DVD-ROM Drive is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-212D and what happened after I installed vista was that vista couldn't see it (nowhere to be found in the device manager) so I rebooted to XP and updated the firmware to the latest version got the message that it was updated and rebooted to Vista. Vista was then able to see it so I installed the latest drivers for it and now what happens is whenever i reboot my computer to the other OS the drive becomes undetected and not seen in the device manager. And for some reason I think it may be because there's no disc in the drive ? (It seems to be detected whenever I boot with a disc in it and not without a disc). Any help or suggestions anyone could offer would be great thanks !