Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 11-12-2007
neophyte

beave4 is on a distinguished road
Default Vista will not recognize burned DVDs

Hello,

I do not know what to do, I recently discovered that Vista will not recognize any of my burned dvds. I have been able to burn DVDs with Vista using Nero, and I have been able to use Lightscribe, but it will not recognize the dvd afterwards. If I put the DVD in my Media Center XP laptop, it recognizes them. I know the drive is able to read CDs, because I installed software from multiple CDs. My DVD drive is a LG lightscribe burner, which is up-to-date firmware wise. I tried doing the registry fix, but my registry did not contain any upper or lower filters.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Stephen