PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
no audio output device - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 11-18-2007
neophyte

tomnorwood is on a distinguished road
Default no audio output device

Hi can someone please help me! I am having serious problems!

I have recently installed Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit and have been unable to get sound devices to load. I am getting an error:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

When I look at details for the drivers both devices give problem code 27

Currently I have a Sound Blaster Xfi Extreme Audio sound card and also an inbuilt AC 97 Intel chip. The intel is on a d845ebg2 board, it comes up as Intel 82801DB/DB01 AC '97 Audio Controller (I have tried using drivers for the other Intel on board cards). I have also tried my old Sound Blaster Audigy card and tried a Sound Blaster Audigy LE card which I took back.

For all these devices I have tried them on their own and in different PCI slots (i.e. with onboard audio turned off in the BIOS or the pci card taken out). I have tried the latest drivers from Creative or Windows Update. I have correctly matched my Creative products from the label on the board to the drivers on the website.

I know these devices work because they work in XP on my other boot.

I have tried at the boot screen pressing F8 and using unsigned drivers.

I have tried typing Bcdedit.exe –set nointegritychecks ON at the command prompt with admin privaliges.

I have tried using regedit and removing upperlimits and lowerlimits. I have no idea what this even means.

In short I do not know what to do! Please help me I want to watch Heroes!
Old 11-18-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

Perhaps you should start at the bottom rung again. Remove the audigy card and, throught the device manager, uninstall all the sound drivers. Reboot and, through the bios, reenable the onboard audio. Continue with the boot. Vista 32 should find and install the drivers. (by the way, do you not have a motherboard installation cd - that's always a good way to go?)
If you still have no sound. Right click the desktop, select Personalize - sound. On the first tab, make sure "use this device" (at the bottom) is enabled - not usually a problem. On the second tab, make sure there are no red rings on the first two items, and that the volume is well up. On the third tab, try a test.