PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Problem creating an administrator account - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 05-17-2009
neophyte

Fat Brian is on a distinguished road
Default Problem creating an administrator account

I got this pc second hand and I'm trying to delete the old users files but I need and admin account to do some of the work. Its got Vista home basic installed, there is only one user account and a guest and the one user is only a startdard user account.

When I try to create a new account, either standard or admin, I get an error that says I am using characters that aren't allowed. I'm not using any of those characters, just the word owner.

I can't do anything that I need to do on this computer without an admin account and I can't seem to fix the computer to let me set on up with out having one already. I'm good with XP but Vista is foreign territory.
Old 05-17-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

We need to hope that the hidden administrator account is still on the hard drive. Follow the instructions below to see if you are able to get admin access that way.

How to Activate the Hidden Vista Administrator

Key decision - decide if you need a password for the administrator's account that you are going to activate. My point is that the local policy may insist on a complex password, thus you will not be able to activate the administrator with a blank password.
Overview
  1. Logon to Vista using your usual account.
  2. Launch the cmd prompt - Make sure you select, 'Run as administrator'
  3. Net user administrator p£ssw0rD
  4. Net user administrator /active:yes
  5. Switch User, or logoff
  6. Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD
    (Your password may be different!)
Detailed Instructions to activate the Administrator
  1. Logon to Vista using your normal username and password.
  2. Click on the Start button
  3. Click on Start Search.
  4. Type,cmd.
  5. Right-click cmd, select 'Run as administrator' from the shortcut menu.
  6. In the black 'DOS box', type the following at the command line:
    Net help user
  7. The idea of the last command is just to observe the options for Net User. In particular, examine the syntax to set the password.
  8. The next instruction is the crucial command. I have chosen password = p£ssworD, you may want to choose different characters.
  9. Net user administrator p£ssw0rd
  10. Net user administrator /active:yes
  11. Check the message : The command completed successfully
  12. Switch User, or logoff
  13. Logon as Administrator Password p£ssw0rD (Your password may be different!)
Trap1: There should be no space between the word 'active' and the colon.
/active :yes is wrong.
/active:yes is correct.

Trap2: You need a forward slash before /active
Net user administrator active:yes is wrong
Net user administrator /active:yes is correct

Trap3: Pay close attention to the command, it should be active, not activate.
Old 05-17-2009
neophyte

Fat Brian is on a distinguished road

Everything was fine until step 10, when I try to activate the account it says system error 5 access denied. The account still existes, it shows up as a user but the account is listed as inactive.