PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
flash drives not recognized - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 01-20-2010
neophyte

jenniferocious79 is on a distinguished road
Default flash drives not recognized

Product Type: PNY USB Flash Drive and Tribeca USB Flash Drive
Computer: Dell Inspiron 530S
Processor: Intell Pentium

Hello, this is what happened...

I plug in the flash drive and the installation begins. A little bit in, the computer tells me that it cannot find the driver software for the device. Says to choose search on my computer for driver software, but according to the companies I contacted that make both of the flash drives they don't HAVE driver software, it should just recognize the drive and I can use it just fine. It doesn't.

So one company said, you have a defective device, (the Tribeca one) Even though I plugged it into my other computer, a new mini laptop by Asus with Windows XP, and it worked. I tried the current PNY flash drive in the lap top and it worked

But it seems the problem lies with my main computer, the Dell.

So I have since restarted my computer many times over the past 3 days. Today I tried plugging in the new flash drive, (the PNY) and there was no window popping up acknowledging device being connected. Great. I contact the company and they say to try all sorts of things to get it to work after going into control panel, windows, devices, all sorts of settings that would take too long to post here. NOTHING worked.

When I plug other devices into my usb ports everything else will work. I've tried all 4 of my usb ports to make this work and it won't. What do I do??

So I'm here, HOPING so much that someone can help me. Thanks to anyone who's read all this and can help. I will very much appreciate help, so will my wallet!

- Jennifer