Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 04-17-2009
neophyte

pcyco is on a distinguished road
Default Continuous Startup Green Progress Bar

Ok so i re installed my vista and ever since i have i get to the green progress bar on startup and it will just load there infintly when i boot thru safemode it stops at crcdisk.sys and wont load past that also when installing vista it gets up to completeing instalation and stays there for ages and then goes to a black screen with a white cursor i think the problem is my vista install disc but not sure. Any help would be greatly apreciated

oh and btw i have a inspiron 1720 laptop and have tried replacing the hard drive

Last edited by pcyco; 04-17-2009 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

If it is a Dell you wouldn`t have vista disk, just a recovery disk. If the data on the EISA partition is corrupt you are stuffed, another reason why I hate OEM installs. If you have a copied vista disk, you gets what you paid for. If you want to check if your system is okay, download a live disto (ubuntu 8.10 live disk) and run it on your system. Download from here.

If you hardware is good then you will be able to run your computer from the disk. If it is bad the Live linux will not work. This will help you find where the error originates. Dell will probably sell you a copy of the OS you already purchased, and all the shitware that they bundle with the install, if you want a replacement.

Last edited by luckypunq; 04-17-2009 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2009
neophyte

pcyco is on a distinguished road

ok thanks for the info
am currently trying to install xp pro i know the xp pro cd works so should give me the same result ubuntu will

*hopes hardware is fine*