Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 03-18-2009
neophyte

jordanios is on a distinguished road
Default 2nd hard drive files "you need permision to acess the file" or "need admin permision"

hey. everytime i try to acess a music, video or picture it says "you need permision to acess the file" and when i try to open a folder it says " you need admin permision or something like that". Even though i am the admin. To get into the folders i've made it so i own them through properties. But this only lets me inside the folders and it doesnt help me with the pictures, songs etc.

I moved alot of the folders to my main hard drive but i cant transfer shared and my pics and my music etc from the old hard drive.

Many people are asking this question on other forums but i cant find an answer.

Last edited by jordanios; 03-18-2009 at 11:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2009
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

Use the forums search to find 'taking ownership' of files and folders, or alternately Google it.
Old 03-28-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

use this, i used with great success.

http://www.technobeta.com/posts/add-...-context-menu/