Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum

Old 02-10-2008
neophyte

martius is on a distinguished road
Default Colour Management confusion

I have recently upgraded my pc to speed up my photographic workflow. To make to the most of the 8gb ram I have installed vista 64 Ultimate.
My color preferences in hotoshop CS3 have all been set my working space(prophoto rgb) and I have calibrated my monitor sucessfully with huey pro.

I am by all means no expert when it comes to color management and when checking to see that the new huey profile had been properly set in vista I found myself on unfamiliar ground. I confess that I do not fully understand the vista color management settings and how I should be configuring them if at all. A lengthy search on google gave no real advice on how the vista settings should be used with CS3 apart from an apparent glitch where vista knocks out the LUT. I have disabled the UAC and have not yet noticed any problems.

My question is should I be making any changes to the default settings on the vista color management settings and if so what changes?

All advice gratefully recieved.
Old 02-11-2008
Member - Class 3

awesomo is on a distinguished road

"vista color management settings",... hmm not my area either, hopefully a graphic designer on this forum will have an answer.