Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Hardware Forum

Old 08-14-2010
neophyte

chillmeister is on a distinguished road
Default USB Composite device missing

Hi all,

I am trying to help a friend install her new HP printer remotely (she lives a few hundred miles away), but she is getting an error message.

After installing all the HP software, when asked, she plugs in the USB cable and gets an error stating that the driver cannot be installed because the USB composite device has not been installed. I asked her to check her device manager and see if the USB composite device is listed with a yellow exclaimation, but it is not listed there at all.

To make matters worse, she has lost her original Vista install disk on which I think the driver would have been?

I have searched all over the net for an answer and even emailed Acer direct, but they aren't very helpful at all.

Her desktop is an Acer Aspire M1640 running Vista Home

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Many thanks
Old 04-17-2011
neophyte

illmnxmaiev04 is on a distinguished road

A USB composite device is a single device that provides multiple functions, such as a combined keyboard and mouse device. These devices require a driver in order to work with Windows. A driver is already available within Windows, so oftentimes you can plug in the device to the USB port and install the Windows driver.

[ Double Glazing][plumbing][faux fur][kids shoes][compactors][Municipal Vehicles][Asset Tracing][driving lessons Hereford][party bags][playmobil airport][garage equipment][Tyre Repair][plumbing supplies][Metal Wall Art]