Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista A/V Forum

Old 03-10-2007
neophyte

ballewa is on a distinguished road
Default mp3 player

I'm trying to install my new Zune, but Vista keeps telling me that the drives failed to install. Therefore, it will not recognized my device when I connect it. However, (leaving it connected) I access device manager and under "portable devices" Zune appears with a caution sign on it. I left click on it and it tells me "This device cannot start. (Code 10)", so I check for a driver update. I tells me that the driver installed on my computer is the most current. I did check my Zune out on another computer and it connects just fine. Any help with this would be great and much appreciated.

Old 03-10-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Cool Suggestions

Was the other computer a Vista box? The zune has been compatible with Vista since December, but if you got the Zune before then maybe you arnt using the most up to date install software (Get it here).
Usually when I have a problem with a device I always do a few rounds of complete uninstall/reinstalls before I go looking elsewhere for help...have you tried completely starting the install over instead of just doing the update driver method? Using device manager right click the zune and do an uninstall. Then restart the computer and start the install process over with the most recent version of the install software.