Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Networking Forum

Old 05-11-2013
neophyte

J4MM3R5 is on a distinguished road
Default Cannot access certain websites

We recently had to turn off the power in the house all day (not sure if that is related), and since then I have been unable to access certain websites like FB, Twitter, Download Chrome etc. I have tried these pages in IE, Chrome and Opera and none of them work. I did a complete system restore (but keeping personal files) and that didn't fix it. I am using PDAnet to access the internet. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. Please Help!
Old 05-21-2013
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4MM3R5 View Post
We recently had to turn off the power in the house all day (not sure if that is related), and since then I have been unable to access certain websites like FB, Twitter, Download Chrome etc. I have tried these pages in IE, Chrome and Opera and none of them work. I did a complete system restore (but keeping personal files) and that didn't fix it. I am using PDAnet to access the internet. I am running Vista Home Premium 32-Bit. Please Help!
Hmmm... system restore. Not what you want to do. I don't think the issue is related to the system and more about your Internet service provider (ISP). You may want to "flush the cache" in your machine by going to a command prompt (start - accessories - command prompt) and typing in the following:

ipconfig /flushdns

That will hopefully clear the cache and you should be able to access these websites again. I'm curious - can you access any sites on the web other than these?