PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Unique computer serial number - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Programming

Old 01-17-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road
Default Unique computer serial number

What are some techniques to build unique identification numbers to use when registering software on a per computer basis? I am current using a number I get from the partition but it is not unique. I also needs this to run on any windows platform win2000 and up, loaded with default installation. Our software is currently in VB6, but I am interested in any solutions.
Old 01-17-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default suggestion

Not experienced in this area, but how about a network card MAC addy? If your software is registered over the net primarily this could cause problems as it may be easy to spoof, but if the consumer is not someone who is generally tech saavy and registers over the phone or something(which because of my personal knowledge of your software I think is the case), then it may work. Unless you have people w/o network cards...
Old 01-17-2007
Agent - Level 3

Default harddrive serial

The MAC is a good idea but many of our customers have piece of s*** computers without network cards. I found an example of how to do this with the harddrive's serial. I am looking into this solution. Is there anyway to get the motherboard's serial, or the cpu (found a couple solutions that didnt work or required XP) or read the windows product code?
Attached Files
File Type: zip CreateLicence.zip (6.6 KB, 34 views)
Old 10-13-2007
neophyte

Win32_BaseBoard is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpearson View Post
The MAC is a good idea but many of our customers have piece of s*** computers without network cards. I found an example of how to do this with the harddrive's serial. I am looking into this solution. Is there anyway to get the motherboard's serial, or the cpu (found a couple solutions that didnt work or required XP) or read the windows product code?
FACK YOU LOL
Old 10-21-2007
Agent - Level 3

Quote:
FACK YOU LOL
You quoted me and then replied "FACK YOU LOL". What does that even mean? Is this some sort of forum bot?