PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Missing activity - Page 2 - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Community » Site Feedback

Old 04-26-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

I am thinking about running a contest. This time the prize would be a cash via paypal. What do you guys (Moderators) think? Also i would take any suggestions for the contest itself.
Old 05-12-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

See what happens when the only 2 regulars don't post for weeks????
Don't count on seeing davehc being around anymore.

Unfortunately...this forum is going to die.
Old 05-14-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

I understand you and davehc's frustration Trooper. This forum has always been build on a foundation of a small group of users. However I don't feel like the forum is going to die. I have personally have been neglecting the site in recent months because of other projects and personal issues. I feel that the forum is just in need to a marketing effort to attract new users and build new information resources. The forum appreciates the incredible effort you and davehc and put into it. But I would like to focus on the positive and think of new ways to promote, market, and build the site. What methods or ideas might you have to accomplish the goal? Some ideas that come to my mind are a regular contest, target on/offline promotion, maybe even the notion of paid experts working a few hours a day. I am open to any and all ideas.
Old 05-16-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Well, davehc probably won't be back. So it's just my frustration at the moment.
Marketing? Well, thats out of my control. I don't have $$ to invest in this forum and secondly i'm just a member, not the owner.
What I do know is that there needs to be more than one person providing some support. I simply to not have the knowledge to help everyone and I don't have a lot of time to spare to investigate people's problems.

The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to change interface. I find it stale and getting a bit boring.

If I think of anything new, I'll be sure to post it.