PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Win $25 for a short tutorial - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Community » Site Feedback

Old 01-28-2008
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation
Exclamation Win $25 for a short tutorial

WIN A $25 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO AMAZON.COM

VistaHelpForum.com is running its first ever contest. If you are anything like me you are tired of being asked how to "clean / fix" an XP machine. For this reason the forum is sponsoring a contest for the best D-I-Y tutorial on how to clean and speedup a windows XP computer. All submissions must follow the below rules.

1. All entries must be a do-it-yourself tutorial written for the novice to average computer user on how to fix / clean / speed up a Windows XP computer.
2. All entries must be submitted as a new thread to this forum before 2/1/2008.
3. All entries must be original and unique and a minimum of 300 words.
4. All tools referenced must be valid tools, either free or with a trial mode.
5. All tools referenced must have a link to the homepage of the developer without any referral codes.
6. No embedded links to off-subject websites, a sig. link is allowed.
7. We reserve the write to edit and/or remove any entry for appropriateness.
8. Winner will be named on Friday 2/1/2008.
9. After submitting your tutorial to the correct forum (#2) post a link to your submission in this thread.

Old 01-28-2008
Level 1 Member

Coldplayer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Coldplayer
Old 01-28-2008
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation

Great submission Coldplayer. Thanks for following the rules closely and setting a great example for this contest. Since you are the first I will let this slide on your entry but in the future participants should avoid embedding email addresses or paypal references. A single, "tasteful", low-profile link to your website in the article or in your sig. is allowed.

just under 4 days left, good luck everyone!
Old 01-28-2008
neophyte

Blacklisted is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Blacklisted Send a message via MSN to Blacklisted Send a message via Yahoo to Blacklisted
Old 01-28-2008
Level 1 Member

Old 01-28-2008
Level 1 Member

http://www.vistahelpforum.com/showth...=3073#post3073

guide to fixing up XP

Also i just added more tweaks to my optimizing xp guide and will continue to add them as i think of more tweaks.

Last edited by Coldplayer; 01-28-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-29-2008
neophyte

Blacklisted is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Blacklisted Send a message via MSN to Blacklisted Send a message via Yahoo to Blacklisted

I guess delete my post ALL of them. CP says I cut and pasted, from another site.

He has no idea that I have been working on computers since 1994 and use the 2 text files in my home. I suppose none of your Ideas are listed in any other place either huh CP?

I withdraw from contest and forum, thank you.
Old 01-29-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Relax Blacklisted, we are not going to ban you (will be keeping an eye on you though). We do not encourage plagiarism here at vistahelpforum, although we do support freedom of information. I admire your humility in this situation. We accept your withdraw from contest. You should consider writing a short tutorial of your own. We will even consider re-inclusion to the contest if your original tutorial kicks some serious ass.
Old 01-29-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

I never suggest the material wasn't sound, good advice for tweaking an XP machine. However you didn't write it yourself, therefore unfair to those who have written their own.
Old 01-29-2008
Level 1 Member

few more tweaks added in optimizing XP thread....