PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Missing activity - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Community » Site Feedback

Old 04-02-2008
Agent - Level 1

davehc is on a distinguished road
Cool Missing activity

I am only a member, so perhaps none of my business. I visit several similar sites. One opened about the same time as this, but had the advantage of dragging loyal "mates" over with him. It has , on average, 10 to 20 postings per day, and increasing.
This site has an extremely good interface (Vbulletin ?) and is handled well. It is friendly, unlike many others I go to. The help is quickly forthcoming and in a very understanding way. What more can I say?
Yet it lacks population. I don't get it. Very few postings or support.
What is the Administrator doing wrong?
I could suggest that loyal members trawl other sites for members (Woops - lacking in morality)
Anyone ideas - suggestions?

Old 04-05-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Hello davehc, I am the admin here at vista help forum and you are absolutely right. The recent slump is primary my fault. Winter and early spring are my busy time at my 8-5 so I have been neglecting the forum for a few months now. But that is about to change. I plan to spend more time on the forum and more time marketing. You are a stellar member davehc. You have helped many other members and have contributed great information to the forum. I am planning to give you moderator privileges if you would like to be a mod. Your idea of members recommending or referring new members is great. I think this is the best method to bring in new quality members.
Old 04-05-2008
Agent - Level 1

Wink

Great. Dare I say "Good to have you back!"
There are some subtle ways to "accidentaly" mention the forum on other sites. Looking at the members list, I think I may have just recruited three!
Old 04-05-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

I visit the forums everyday, multiple times and i think they're great but definitely could use a population boost.
I feel really bad sometimes that I look at someone's question and all I can think to myself is "I have no idea " And it bugs me that there's nothing I can do to help them. I can help some people, but I'm just not THAT knowledgeable and sometimes it takes me weeks just to figure out my own problems. When people can't get help, I'm sure some turn away permanently.

What can I do to help the site?
Old 04-17-2008
Agent - Level 1

I am almost giving up on this. No significant postings now for two weeks!!
That's ridiculous.
Old 04-17-2008
Agent - Level 3

I've just about given up myself mate (excuse my australian colloquialism).
There's not much keeping members returning here, nothing to entice them here.
Disappointing really.
Most people don't even come back to check if there was an answer to their questions. Heck, I couldn't even get an answer to my last question.

Not an admin to be seen.
Old 04-18-2008
Agent - Level 1

I didn't look at things from that point of view, trooper. I wonder if the Admin hasn't abandoned the site? No post from him since the start of the year.??
I think I'll give it a rest and pop back in a couple of weeks and see if anything has moved.
Old 04-21-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Howdy davehc, the admin hasn't abandoned the forum, although I have been neglecting the site. You have been a very valued member for a while here on the forum so I made you a moderator. Keep up the great work.
Old 04-21-2008
Agent - Level 3

I don't think moderator status is going to make him feel much better and I can understand his frustration quite well.
It seems the only two people providing consistant help is me and davehc, and his knowledge far out-weighs mine so he is defintely doing the lion's share. Quite frankly, it is dave that keeps people coming back. (of the few that do come back.)
Old 04-22-2008
Agent - Level 1

Right Trooper. I opened this thread for some useful feedback. I think it is summed up by the fact that the only feedback was from the only two regular contributing members!