PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

MY site disappears. Why? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Web Design & Development » Search Engines

Old 04-11-2008
neophyte

Kolyn_Kryw is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kolyn_Kryw Send a message via Skype™ to Kolyn_Kryw
Exclamation MY site disappears. Why?

My site used to be included by Yahoo, with more than 100 pages. In these few months, Yahoo removed most of my pages and only included a few useless links such as old press release and etc..

If I re-submit my homepage, it will get indexed again after 1 week, but after several days, it will be removed again!!

What goes wrong? To my understanding, we don't commit in spammy techniques such as hidden text, links, keyword stuffing, and etc...

Please help.

Old 04-21-2008
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Submitting you websites to search engines is a complete waste of time. The engines will find your site by spidering and following backlinks pointing to your site. Just concentrate on building quality backlinks.
Old 07-17-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

re-submitting your site will actually count as a negative against you.
What you do to ensure you are listed is this.
Make sure your site is relevant to the titles and topics you have listed it under. Then add new content, you will always rate better if your content chamges regularly and especially if added to regularly. A forum I run is consistantly listed high in the listing as there is constantly new content added. Also the point about linking is a good one, the spiders like to find you linked to other sites, but again it needs to be of relevance to your content. The way pages and content are ranked had to changed from the old embedded meta tags system as it was open to such abuse, people would use words which are popular search terms but had nothing to do with the content of the site, try that now and you wont even get listed. Just be aware that unless you were savvy enough to buy a domain name which people are going to search for, for you subject, it's gonna take a long time to establish a good rating. You'll know when what you're doing (adding content etc is working 'cos you'll have google bots and yahoo spiders constantly visiting your pages.

Last edited by cyclic; 07-17-2008 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling goof
Old 07-17-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

What forum do you run?
Old 07-18-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

It's for my wife and did involve mainly gardening, lately she decided to support precription addiction and she's still playing around with things, but it's at www.witzend.net (our original housename for 20 years). You only get to see a small part of it until you register.

Last edited by cyclic; 07-18-2008 at 06:51 AM. Reason: added info
Old 10-21-2010
myesq

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpearson View Post
Submitting you websites to search engines is a complete waste of time. The engines will find your site by spidering and following backlinks pointing to your site. Just concentrate on building quality backlinks.
as cpearson say submitting your site in search engine is waste of time wait for crawlers to crawl your site and index it.