PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Administrator rights problems - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum

Old 05-26-2008
neophyte

sophiedog is on a distinguished road
Default Administrator rights problems

OK, first - I hate Vista...
Now that I have that off my chest, I am having nothing but problems with saving files in certain folders.
I just created a folder to put some audio files that I am working on for my website. I went to save the audacity file into that folder and I keep getting an error stating that I don't have permission to save in this location. Contact administrator to obtain permission.

First of all, I am logged on as the administrator. Secondly, I disabled the User Account Control and rebooted, thinking that would eliminate the problem.
So then I went to the folder that I was trying to save the file into and clicked on properties. The folder was tagged as read-only, so I clicked that button off. When I went to save the file in that folder, I get a different error: "could not save project. Perhaps folder is not writeable, or the disk is full." I know both of those possibilities are not the case. There is plenty of disks pace, and I just created the folder.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old 05-26-2008
Agent - Level 3

Trooper is on a distinguished road

Try creating a new folder while the UAC is disabled.
Old 06-05-2009
Level 1 Member

MarcAntony is on a distinguished road

I've run into myriad problems of this nature and if you, like me, have Vista Home Premium you're pretty much hosed imo.

Without Take Ownership or Super Admin (both available on Ultimate or Business editions, but not on Premium), you might as well start thinking of your PC as bein property of the public library and you are just logging in to use their PC.

Idunno.....maybe don't listen to me I'm a bit beaten down right now by a rash of problems I've run into with little to no recourse. These guys on this forum may be able to help you still - if its possible to fix, they'll know how to do it.