PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Windows Movie Maker. Unspecified error - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum

Old 06-24-2008
neophyte

Chrystal is on a distinguished road
Question Windows Movie Maker. Unspecified error

Hi,

I want to edit my digital camera videos in Windows Movie Maker.

When I click "Import Media" and select a video it comes up with an error: "MOV008960105.MPG could not be imported. Unspecified error"

I can open Jpegs with no problem and also .wmv's... but not the .mpg's. I haven't tried opening up any other type of video file as I don't have any on my computer.

What could be the problem?

Also, could anyone recommend a decent video editing software, to edit and convert videos.
Old 06-24-2008
Agent - Level 3

cyclic is on a distinguished road

It would be very unusual if your camera didn't come with a disk containing suitable editing software, or you may be able to download it from the camera makers website.
There are some free editing suites for video but the better ones cost real money. For a review of both types and easy to follow steps on 'how to' visit the pages of www.doom9.org there is no more complete resource available I don't think.
Old 06-24-2008
neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclic View Post
It would be very unusual if your camera didn't come with a disk containing suitable editing software, or you may be able to download it from the camera makers website.
There are some free editing suites for video but the better ones cost real money. For a review of both types and easy to follow steps on 'how to' visit the pages of www.doom9.org there is no more complete resource available I don't think.
Hey cyclic,

Well my camera did come with some software but I'd never installed it before. I tried to the other day and guess what, it isn't compatible with Vista. So it asked me to download an update or something... so that's what I did, but unfortunately it only edits photos and doesn't have anything for videos.

I've seen a few video editing software CD's on ebay, but not totally sure if they're just a waste of money.
Old 08-26-2008
Agent - Level 3

RE-quote from self

There are some free editing suites for video but the better ones cost real money. For a review of both types and easy to follow steps on 'how to' visit the pages of CLICKY there is no more complete resource available I don't think.

Have you been ?
Old 10-06-2008
neophyte

Hi,

Just me again. I know this is an old thread. But I still haven't found a solution.

I gave up on WMM for the past few months. But I just opened it up to make a video with some of my photos (well try to anyway).

I opened up the photos and I wanted to add some music to the video. So I tried to upload/import an MP3 file but I am getting that error box pop up again: C:\Users\Me\Documents\Music\Artist - Song.mp3 could not be imported. Unspecified error
It's the same error I got when trying to import/upload my mpeg videos to edit.

I also just tried to import a .wmv video file and it uploads, but then the WMM program crashes and the "Windows Movie Maker has stopped working" window pops up and I have to restart it. This happens everytime.

I have heard alot of people are experiencing this with their WMM. Personally, when I used to only have my XP PC I used to use the WMM on there and had no problems. But since getting my new Laptop that has Vista, I am getting this problem.

I think I need to turn on my dusty PC and make sure that the WMM on there works ok or not.

I hated Vista when I first got it. Then I got used to it and started to like it, and loved some of it's funky features. But sometimes, it can be a pain in the a$$!

EDIT: When the box pops up saying "Windows Movie Maker has stopped working" I clicked on "Check online for a solution and restart the program" and then it pops up saying: Problem caused by AXIS Media Control. This problem was caused by AXIS Media Control, which was created by Axis Communications.

So, I am going to ask a stupid question... but what is AXIS Media Control? Do I need it? Should I uninstall it? Is it something that's installed on every computer when you buy it, or have I downloaded it at some time for some reason (I should really know that, but I can't remember!). If I knew what AXIS Media Control was, then I might remember if I downloaded it myself.

Thanks

Last edited by Chrystal; 10-06-2008 at 01:19 AM.
Old 10-07-2008
Agent - Level 3

You would only have that active X control as part of a software package installed for some, usually network media, camera control.
Here is a link to get you some more info, personally I would remove it or at least go to internet options and disable the control.
Old 10-07-2008
Agent - Level 3

Here is the link I posted http://www.axis.com/techsup/software/amc/license.htm

How the hell do you report it for being linked to pron ?
Whatever your malicious intent is towards me, drop it now.