PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Satellite radio. - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Community » Science & Technology

Old 01-02-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road
Default Satellite radio.

Thanks to my wonderfull girlfriend, I am now diving head first into the world of satellite radio, Sirius to be specific. I have a stilletto 10 which is a handheld unit that can record 10 hrs of audio. I havent played with this feature yet, but it looks cool. Does anyone have Sirius and if so what is your favorite channel or program?

Old 01-03-2007
Agent - Level 3

cpearson is on a distinguished road

Rawdog 104 is my favorite so far.
Old 01-26-2007
Member - Class 1

Cleitus is on a distinguished road
Default Sirius Stations

I will never go back to local radio, that is all I can say. Riding in your friend's car has never sucked so bad; unless they have Sirius. I have heard bad things about XM Radio , but I have no opinion because I have never listened to it for any length of time. I find myself on only a couple channels on Sirius, I not sure if there is too much selection or just no enough pre-sets.
In order of most listened to:
28 Faction
32 Reggae
40 Hip-Hop
20 Octane
21 Alt-Nation
17 Jam-On
33 Area 33(techno/trance/electronica)
43 Back-Spin
104 Raw Dog

Does any one have XM Radio what are the pros and cons?
Old 01-28-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Cool Leaning toward Sirius

I recently bought a new car with Siruis built in to the console. Though I have only been driving it a few days I think I like it better than the XM that I have listened too in my office for years. As far a music w/ no commercials, its about the same, but Sirius has 2 big advantages in my mind...Howard, and NFL.
Old 02-05-2007
Member - Class 1

Cleitus is on a distinguished road
Default How is Howard? NFL rocks!

Howard was a good move for Sirius, he has some of the most loyal fans. In my opinion FM radio is already dead. There is a great article about Stern and Sirius, at http://money.cnn.com/2004/10/06/news...irius/?cnn=yes
Stern and the NFL along with the news brings national TV to the local radio, furthering our lust for "Pop Culture Entertainment", without morals, a conscience or sensors. The alternative, isn't much better, unless you only like the three C's (Classics Rock, Christian and Country), there isn't a lot of variety in traditional radio. Variety is key to the longevity of FM, people want more selection and they are willing to pay for it. Soon AM/FM will just have commercials and it will fade away just like UHF and VHF did with the advent of digital cable and TiVo.

Last edited by Cleitus; 02-05-2007 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-16-2007
Member - Class 3

awesomo is on a distinguished road

It is a little shady how Serius calls itself commerical free radio, but they are still the better service in my opinion.