PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Disabled person trouble using speech recognition - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum

Old 10-13-2008
neophyte

c64nomore is on a distinguished road
Question Disabled person trouble using speech recognition

I have been trying to help a person who can only speak and move his head. He has had an attendant send me the following e-mail, and I do not know what to suggest. Any help would be great!

"I figured rather than bother you by phone I would do it by e-mail! I'm making fairly good progress with vista although I would much rather have xp. My main problem is that I can't get the speech to cooperate in a couple of key areas. Try as I might, I cannot get the mail program to open attachments. I have fooled around with it enough that a couple have opened but then I have no idea what I did to accomplish the task. My second problem is very annoying. The alternate/correction box pops up continually. I can understand it popping up if I made a mistake in dictation; but it pops up every time I give the command. I can give the same command 10 times and the correction box will open up every time. Very frustrating and time consuming. If you have any suggestions or solutions please let me know. I have tried the Internet but found very little on the specific topics. Thanks for your help."