PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3
Can I get Vista Basic back? - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 07-20-2009
neophyte

Lady Tori is on a distinguished road
Default Can I get Vista Basic back?

I have an Acer Aspire 5735z laptop and it originally came with Windows Vista Basic. All was going well until I installed my friends lite version of Windows Premium . When I saw how "lite" premium really was I hated it and tried to get rid of it. I tried to reformat it back to Basic using eRecovery (alt + f10 at startup), only to discover that the option wasn't there anymore! Usually there's a 'Repair Computer' option there, but it's just gone. All that's there now is the option to boot in Safe Mode, so I'm thinking that somehow Premium has wiped the option to recover out?

I'm currently running my laptop on Ubuntu (Linux) now, but I really want vista back.

The Vista Basic CD didn't come with the laptop, nor did a CD to reformat/repair it.

I've tried everything I can think of but I'm out of ideas. Is there any way at all I can get Vista Basic back without buying a Vista Basic CD?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 07-20-2009
Agent - Level 3

luckypunq is on a distinguished road

Check your private messages.