PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Program configuration settings - Explore & program priority - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 06-16-2007
neophyte

doosh is on a distinguished road
Default Program configuration settings - Explore & program priority

Hi,

Just wondering it its possible to configure vista in a way that allows me to:

1. When opening explorer (right clicking on the start bar to activate to launch the app), how can I set it up so that when the explorer starts, it does not open up the 'Users' directory.

2. How can I configure the settings of the program priority so that when the settings are set (ie. program priority set from low to high), they stay set even after the application is closed or the PC restarted.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Dariusz
Old 07-10-2007
neophyte

Just refreshing this post as I was hoping some one can help, as I find it anoying setting the priority of Wmedia player high every time I boot the PC, and with explorer, minimising the directory tree every time it launched using my method.

Any help appreciated.

BTW are there any other good vista help forums around?

Thanks,

Dariusz
Old 07-11-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

I dragged the Explorer onto my desktop, as it is a often used program (by me!)
However, the answer to your question. Find the explorer in your all programs .
Right click it and select properties. Now in the "Target" line, add this (after a single space)
/e, /n, C:\
You can substitute the C:\ for any path. You could have any number of shortcuts, with renames like "myname" "C:" "MyDocs" etc.
The path you use would need a manual alteration to the registry. If you want to follow that, then maybe I could track down the reg item which should be adjusted. Maybe another reader has already done it?
Old 07-20-2007
neophyte

uhaligani, thank you for your reply. You help on my explorer question has done the job. Thank you.

Would you (or anyone) know how to set the priority of programs in the windows task manager window under processes so that the settings which are set are the new default settings (even if the PC is switched off)> Can it be set some how through vista or is it a manual change to the registry required?

I also have a new problem which I too hope someone can answer, being:

When launching Windows Media player, the default screen which apears is the 'library' screen. Is there a way to set the default screen to be the 'now playing' screen?

Thanks

Dariusz
Old 07-20-2007
Agent - Level 3

If you right click the processes, it gives you anoption to change the priority. For example, I have put my AVG update on low priority so that I can get on the web immedoately, without interference. Is this what you are looking for?
Cant help with the Media player, but now this thread is "bumped" maybe someone else will step in?
Old 07-20-2007
neophyte

uhaligani

Thanks for the quick reply. I knew about how to set the priority of an application as I set the media player priority in a similar fashon as you do with your application, but my issue with vista is how to set the prority of an application so that if you reboot the pc, vista remembers what you set the priority of the application the last time you set it. I currently have to set the priority of media player to high every time I boot, and it a pain doing so. I just wish that vista remembed my settings.

Thanks for the reply.

Dariuz
Old 07-21-2007
Agent - Level 3

Sorry. I thought in your posting you referred to "processes" I don't know of any way to alter the settings as you request. As far as I know they all load pretty much simultaneously on boot and then are all "ready to go". Maybe anothe member can help you out????Someone??
Old 09-11-2007
neophyte

Default how to set te priority of an program so vista remembers (after reboot)

Hi,

I'm just updating my request for support for a problem I face to resolve. Any oens feedback on how I can accomplish the task is appreciated. Hopfully there are more users on the board who may assist. Thanks:

My problem to resolve:

Using vista how can I set the prority of an application so that if you reboot the pc, vista remembers what you set the priority of the application the last time you set it. I currently have to set the priority of media player to high every time I boot, and it a pain doing so. I just wish that vista remembed my settings.

Thanks inadvance for replys.

Dariusz
Old 09-11-2007
Agent - Level 2

tcash11 is on a distinguished road
Default Some ideas

I would try to figure out how to do the task prioritization via the command line, then simply put it in a batch file to be ran on startup. I did some searches on this and found a few examples, as well as some windows programs that would accomplish the same things or configuration of shortcuts in your startup folder. See below links for some more info...if you still have problems let us know and I bet we can colaborativly figure out exactly how to setup your batch file to set priorities on startup.

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/...2156187,00.asp
http://mygreenpaste.blogspot.com/200...ocess-via.html
http://www.windowsvistamagazine.com/...er-part-3.html