PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'vhelpf'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

Unable to install software updates or new software... - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Help Forum

Old 06-27-2011
neophyte

Tilly is on a distinguished road
Question Unable to install software updates or new software...

I'm running Vista Business 32bit on an Inspiron 1525 and am completely unable to install software updates (to any programmes, including iTunes) or install new software. When trying to install Windows SP2 I get an error message saying there is a sharing violation: error code: error sharing violation (0x80070020). I have tried every suggestion I could find online to install, including disabling my virus software, attempting to install in safe mode and making temporary changes to the system config...nothing but nothing has worked...does anyone have any ideas as to what could be going on within the bowels of my computer and is there anyway to resolve this?

Old 09-04-2011
Level 4 Member

Garyjohn is on a distinguished road

What is your default browser ?
Old 09-04-2011
neophyte

Google Chrome
Old 09-04-2011
Level 4 Member

You must change back to IE to get updates to start installing. Once this lot of updates are installed change the default browser so that NONE of your browsers are default you just use anyone you want. MS is pretty picky about which browser visits their sites for updates
Old 09-05-2011
neophyte

Thanks, I will definitely give that a go. But IE vs Chrome wouldn't be affecting my ability to update iTunes or install my canon camera software would it? I can download updates but not install them on iTunes and with hardware like the camera I can import the software but can't run it/install it and consequently can't view any photos on the camera (I always get an error message)...I'm still avoiding taking it into the shop as I'm worried finding the cause will be like trying to find a needle in a haystack (read: expensive). Oh and I've tried 2 different cameras which upload photos fine on other computers...its just mine...so frustrating.
Old 09-05-2011
Level 4 Member

Do you have full administration rights ?
Old 09-05-2011
neophyte

Yes...full admin rights.
Old 09-05-2011
Level 4 Member

Have you had this problem from new or has it started after some event ?
Old 09-05-2011
neophyte

Not from new but I haven't been able to pinpoint any one event that might have preceded the problems. It started with iTunes, then trying to install SP2 and then the camera and I think there were a few others in there too...I haven't tried fixing it lately because I'd run out of ideas.
Old 09-06-2011
Level 4 Member

Sounds like an accumulation of faults. Back up all your data onto an external hard drive. then restore to a point before SP2, do a boot scan for viruses and then add updates. if that fails, so long as you have backed up all your data including bookmarks passwords etc, do a full factory settings reinstall