PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

consent ui/administrator problem... please help :( - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista UAC

Old 09-01-2007
neophyte

ksh2005 is on a distinguished road
Default consent ui/administrator problem... please help :(

I don't really know much about vista, but I do know something is wrong on my computer. Pretty sure it's home basic or premium and I know the account i'm using now (the only account on the computer) is administrator. My problem is that consent ui doesn't seem to pop up. For example, today i downloaded winamp and upon clicking on the icon and selecting "run as administrator," i got the following two messages:

1. File System Error (-1073741521)
2. Consent UI for administrative applications stopped working and was
closed.

I heard that using control panel > "turn user account controls on or off" helped, but i get the same two error messages when i click on this. I feel like i may have 2 problems here that prevent me from solving either one... any help would be much appreciated... thanks all
Old 09-12-2007
neophyte

cgart2 is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem.
Old 09-13-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

Here is one worth a try:
Shut down the computer for a cold boot. Tap the "F8" key as you are booting.
Select "Safe Mode with networking" from the boot menu.
Log into windows Vista with your personal account that holds the administrator access.
Open a command window (START--->RUN--->CMD.exe). At the command prompt type the following "net user administrator /active".
And thatís it. Log out and log back in as administrator.

This is the situation you have been used to in XP and preceeding OS's. But beware you can more easily runin your setup as you have more freedom to do so. Also make sure your Anti virus is up to date!!