PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 2

PHP Warning: mysql_num_rows() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(265) : eval()'d code on line 3

How to run prog's as administrator without password - Vista Help Forum

Go Back   Vista Help Forum » Windows Vista » Vista Features Forum » Vista UAC

Old 10-16-2007
neophyte

Georgia is on a distinguished road
Default How to run prog's as administrator without password

Hi.
I am the sole administrator of a Vista home premium.
I have 4 other users.

How do I allow the users to run certain programs without being prompted to enter the administrators password?

I had to do this a couple months ago, and after posing the same questions on various boards, not getting an answer, and after spending 10-15 gruling, pounding, angry hours "Stumbled" upon it, and didn't understand what I did to get it to stop prompting them for my password.

Well it's several months later and did a sys restore and back to square one.
Already spent 5-7 hours doing this & that within the icon's property, and doing more web research.

The most I could find was very technical UAC explanations, but not much how to do what I need to do.

I'm pretty familiar with XP- but no expert by any means and just frustrated with Vista's UAC. The wife says to just turn it off and is much nore irritated than myself.

A step by step instruction would be helpful if at all possible.

Thx in advance
-Steve
Old 10-17-2007
Agent - Level 3

uhaligani is on a distinguished road

I believe this page will lead you by the hand. Very nicely laid out!
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...nt_control.htm
Old 10-17-2007
neophyte

Georgia is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the reply uhaligani.

I'll certainly look carefully over that link later today/over the next couple days in depth- but with a quick scan, it appears to be ways to disable UAC, which I really don't want to do.

I need the kids or wife to click a specific game or program without prompting me for my password- and at the same time be denied running other critical programs.
I know this is all controlled by UAC- and I need it to be program specific.

Truly, thanks for the link and perhaps my answer is in there.

-Steve